View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Ask me about working in a psychiatric hospital

I am having flashbacks to my time living in a mental hospital. I had just turned 17 and my parents convinced a judge that I was a danger to myself and/or others. I had run away from home because they did not approve of me dealing drugs from their house (imagine that!). I was subsequently picked up by the police and taken to live in a mental hospital for a couple of months. Oh the joy.

What I loved the most was the tinted windows so you never really knew what the outside looked like. I remember being released and thinking how green everything outside looked all of a sudden.

Smoking was definitley a big deal and only the staff had lighters and matches. Everything you did was controled and I hated it. I could not even take a dump with the bathroom door closed.

My saddest story was probably the 50 year old fat lady sitting next to me at lunch that wet herself while we ate and I had to change seats because it was bench seating. She gave me the saddest look when I moved away from her.

Moral of the story: kids, stay away from drugs. You end up in the strangest places.