View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: The Office Season 4 Premiere 9/27

[ QUOTE ]
thought this was the worst....episode...ever (of The Office).

but that still makes it funnier than almost anything else currently out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]but Pam is really just useful as Jims foil I think, she doesn't add much on her own. all the other great characters (Michael, Dwight, and the smaller ones like Stanley, Creed, etc) can stand on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think lots of different parts of season three was about pam standing on her own without jim and at many points accepting they werent going to be together. Obv the relationship is huge in aspect fo teh show, but I think she could stand on her own as well.

Also, it realy just felt to me like alot of the jokes in this episode were inspired by jokes from previous episodes and formulas and such that worked. IE jim kept looking at the camera in this episode which he has done infinte before, but this episode you noticed it just about every time and got slightly annoyed b/c whatever he was responding too really wasnt that funny. I thought most of the jokes in thsi episode were similar to this and just completely forced, formulaic jokes that worked in the past that the writers just decided to insert "joke type x" here and didnt really care if it was funny or not (ie the lack of funny jokes just destroyed the "reactionary" approach/idea that is sort of the shows basis, which is possibly why the whole show seemed off). And I agree that an hour is prob way too long esp for this episode. Like the maount of time devouted to the lamp was kind of dumb and had one minor joke in it that was being repeated for like the 10000x time, and all to simply explain why they had the lamp to give to michael as a trophy and possibly for the line jim gives about "so you want me to hold it know" or whatever to introduce possible tension into the relation ship. Same for like Kevin talkign about why he is going to refuse to run. All it added where some forced formulaic jokes and could of been completely skipped/cut.

I did think the bloody nipples bit was more quality and reminiscent of the office, as it was not really expected, seemingly original, and still funny.