View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Default 2/4 B&M - Villain keeps donking into my overpair

2/4 B&M, 10 handed, not quite as loose as usual but quite passive (this is the largest pot of the night)

Cliff Note Summary: If all signs point to me being behind and needing to improve to win, is there any point to raising out other opponents on the turn in a big pot?

I've never played against SB (Villain) before; the only thing I've noticed so far about him is that he's playing pretty much every hand.

Preflop (10 players): Hero is UTG+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+3 calls, MP2 (loose gambooler) 3bets all-in, MP3 calls, SB (Villain) calls, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero caps, UTG+3 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls

Flop (4 players + 1 all-in, 21 SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+3 calls, MP3 folds, SB 3bets, Hero caps, UTG+3 calls

Turn (3 players + 1 all-in, 15 BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero raises...

With SB continuing to donk into me, I kinda get the feeling I'm behind to two pair (which I have 8 outs on) or a set (which I only have 2 outs on); best case situation (but I'm thinking unlikely) is that I'm up against JJ, Tx or chopping with QQ. What is the typical plan of attack here? With UTG+3 still in the hand do I still have to raise the turn due to being vulnerable to A's and K's? My plan was to raise the turn and then take the free showdown if offered one, is that correct? If SB donks again on the river I think I have to call UI given the pot size, correct?

GcluelessnoobG