Thread: TT in Kill Pot
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: TT in Kill Pot

[ QUOTE ]
DesertCat--

My standard play is definitely not to fold the flop in that spot in that game. People get too check-call-ish with their aces, which means that (by Bayes) it's just too likely they're getting funky with something else. I also think you'll get three-bet too often if you raise (though maybe not in a kill pot? hmm...), so I like the call.

On the turn I think you have to just call. Nothing's folding--remember that he would probably play KK/QQ, at least, differently preflop--and you have a lot of outs, and so forth. If you call in tempo you have the added benefit of people decently often thinking you're in call-down mode and giving up on bluffs or even (for muddy-thinking reasons) some value-bets.

If the turn goes bet-call and the river bricks off and he bets, you're in a tough spot. Me, I just look into his soul and usually fold.

Good to see you posting hands,

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatz up Nate,

Haven't you seen people in AZ take this line way too much with complete crap to ever fold the river? Obviously the way the OP decided to play it the river becomes a pretty easy fold, but if you decide to put in minimum action on each street I think the river is an auto call.