View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: KT in SB no read on anyone (.25/.50)

Fold twice preflop. KTo is a mediocre hand at best.

On the flop, you are basically accomplishing next to nothing by check/raising. The pot is ginormous — 22 bets after Button bets — so raising lays 12-1 to the first person behind you and successively better odds to every caller thereafter. Yeah, you folded MP, but all that means is that he had 87[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something that completely whiffed.

Button betting gives you a perfect opportunity to check/raise the turn if it's a blank, offering decisively worse odds to everyone else in the pot. Unfortunately for you, that turn was probably the worst card you could see, filling the flush and tripping up the one flop card you didn't have.

To be fair, this is a pretty advanced concept that most newbies don't get. In fact, I'm not even sure I get it, and I've been here for more than two years, so I may be misapplying it here.

As for the turn and river as played, nothing you could do. Someone made a dumb preflop coldcall and got lucky. Say "nh" and move on.

Also, don't post results, at least not in the initial post. You will likely see a picture of a puppy or a walrus by the time this thread ends.