View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to detract from what otherwise seems to be a good video, but CTS saying he would 4ball A5 but fold AQ made no sense IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with this. Why would the EV of turning A5 into a bluff be > 0 and the EV of turning AQ into a bluff be < 0?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video again. He explains exactly why he makes the play; it really makes a lot of sense and I never really thought of it that way.

Basically against Sam's range, by 4 betting, he is turning an otherwise good hand into a pure bluff. This is just a recipe for disaster. He can't call bc he is basically going to get owned oop. The options are to 4 bet bluff or fold.

With A-4, his hand has absolutely no value post flop. It's very similar to the A-Q hand, except there is more value in 4 bet bluffing due to it's utter lack of value. It's another 4 bet bluff or fold, but it's weighted towards a bluff because it's so much weaker than A-Q.

Something I took away from this is metagame. Some would consider it standard to 4 bet a light 3 better w A-Q (its not going to hurt your image if you 4 bet with this hand vs someone who 3 bets 10%), but someone who 4 bets A-4 (even though they bascially have the same amount of equity) will get paid off more due to their image. This makes a lot of sense to me, but I could be completely wrong.