View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: P-Stars NL .01/.02 - First deposit of $25 gone in 2 days... help?

A few days ago i posted too about micro stakes issues. Not really same bussiness as you, quickly: ran well on NL50 for 3 month and now meeting big problemes at restarting a bankroll building on micro.
Any way , let see this post where KAYAKER gave 10 good points about micro stakes, btw some other reply where helpful.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=3&fpart=1

May be you just need to adjust your play style like i had too. 2NL is pretty much a different game than 25NL (scoop hehe).
From my own experience , all i can say is what i changed to be ok now :

- less bluff (1/3 of micro players are calling station especially on big bets !!! they love to be evolved in big pot even without good odds)
you would just do basic bluff ..for example vs 1 opponent / in position : immediat bet after a check when an ace of king fall on turn / river. Aggressively bet when a pair is created on the board on turn or river to bluff a miracle trips. Do not try to bluff tricky , draw or something else , in thoses stakes pot odds are a jokes for most players [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

- play ABC tight poker / patience / Position / starting hands / big hands-big pot

One more thing that come in my mind : on really big raise preflop , peeps tends to call any bet / go all in with just
about any hit on FLOP. For example you hold AK and bet 6BB , get called by a guy with KJ OOP ...on a flop like 4 8 K the guy will follow you to death for sure , that's not he case on NL50 i think.

Most of the times 1c/2c stakes are like playing poker with mommy on the kitchen table on sunday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am not a pro héhé but it's Just my 2c , GL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].