View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: The HBO series \"Oz\"

I'll just add on to what everyone said. Some of the best characters on TV ever (maybe a slight exaggeration? but not much) are on Oz, but there's a lot of fluff too. To name you some, Jeffesron Kane, Adebesi, Schillinger (every time after you see this guy in a movie, you can only think "Holy [censored], it's Schillinger but he's not a psycho"), Beecher, and the best of them all -- Said. Also maybe Augustus and Pinkamo and maybe even McManus. These characters are amazing.

[Edit: Holy crap, I forgot O'Rielly. What is wrong with me? ]

That being said, there's a lot of episodes that are meh, especially after/during season 4. Last season (6? 7?) picks it up somewhat, so it's worth it to finish the series. Once you get invested in the characters you will have to see their ends.

The other thing that can be said of this show is that it is not afraid to kill ANYONE. ANYONE, I say again. You think some of the shows on TV now aren't afraid to kill main characters, but you're wrong. Oz will kill anyone at any time. Remember this. It makes the show close to completely unpredictable.