View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
This dude has made $250,000 in 400k hands, playing 20/11/1.5 at 6.1ptbb/100, with almost no variance. Mainly at 2/4. Scroll down the thread for stats.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

So, so, so, so, so sick.

Seeing this, I wonder about all the heartache involved in trying to play the mean, aggro, tough game we have all been taught here.

It seems to me this guy's game looks like this:

> His 3b'ing range isn't much wider range than, say, {AT+,JJ+}
> He close on never 3b's light
> He steals blinds a modest amount (23%)
> He hammers his sets and premiums (and somehow gets paid off)
> He limp-traps with quite a lot of SCs/S1-gappers/ramdom trash
> He plays draws passively
> Almost every time he bets, it is purely for value/protection and no other reason
> He probably folds almost every time he gets played back at/meets resistence
> He hardly ever bluffs
> He hardly ever double barrels UI
> He hardly ever pushes/raises looking for FE
> If undecided between betting/folding and calling/checking, he calls/checks.
> If undecided on river between v-betting/v-raising and checking/calling, he checks/calls.
> He rarely has his money in the middle without the near-nuts.

Does that sound about right?

And of course playing a TAGFISH 20/11/1.5 sounds like it would be so much less stressful than the supposedly optimal 21/17/3 or whatever it is.

Food for thought? It certainly is for me. That kind of game sounds so so so appealing at the moment. Villain check-raises my cb? I fold! TAG raises from CO for 4th orbit in a row and I have AQo in SB? I fold! I have AA? I raise! I have a set? I bet! Etc. Sounds so, so sweat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I play a similar sort of style to that guy.
Someone said its a LAGish style without too much of the AG, which is about right I think.
If he's he's on a very passive site like iPoker I really believe it may be the optimal style. Or at least optimal when it comes to 'winning safe' and lessening variance.
Having said that, I thought my graph was smooth. His is like a javelin!