View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/24 - Rivals Week)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a bad beat, percentage-wise, but it was a bad beat the way it played out. The poker gods teased him to the point that his opponent was down to a four-outer. If that happens a lot to him, then it can wear on you. Of course, that's his point-of-view. I think he just conviently forgets his suckouts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember the hand you are speaking of.. and i don't mean to make trouble... but does a four outer not fit into the category of a bad beat? i had assumed that a four outer hitting on the river was a classic example of a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just trying to say if Mike played this hand better then he would have taken the pot down instead of getting four outed on the river. He created his own beat by his bad play. Percentage wise, after five cards, AJ will beat K2 more than 50% of the time (hence it's not a bad beat).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to say (and Mike was trying to say) it was a bad beat the way it unfolded, drama wise. The poker gods dangled the carrot in front of him and snatched it away on the river.