View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Finance vs Accounting degree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you could get jobs with a finance degree, but definitely not many higher end jobs.. definitely not compared to accounting. If I was going just finance, I'd definitely get an MBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just like making stuff up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about my school, not the world in general. And I made it perfectly clear that my view may be skewed because I didn't talk to every single recruiter. I'm not ignorant enough to think there are no higher end finance jobs. If that's what you assumed, you should start thinking before posting.

To clarify some more, at my school accounting>finance MBA>finance because there were very few great job openings for finance and a horde of finance students. You really had to stand out to land an awesome job. OTOH Getting off to a great start in accounting wasn't as hard. Of my accounting friends, about half went to work at the big 4, and the rest went to work at large regional firms (McGladrey, Crowe Chizek), all making ~60k a year.

So to OP: It all depends on the recruiting opportunities available to you at your school and how much work you want to put in.