View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Limit 5CD: To Limp Or Not?

It would only make sense to play it if you could isolate the limper (+significant outplay), when you know the limper's often got a draw, or folds unimproved face-pairs too much, or for some reason you can outplay him, isolated and in position. But you'd have to see some value from playing this pot with UTG, and then youd want to isolate...your edge evaporates if we play 4 handed, so definitely like the blinds to fold predraw.

If you see weakness, i'd suggest a better option is 2-betting him, and checking down your short when he d(1), and representing a >KK when he d(3). So maybe theres value there, if he's a weak/ABC guy, but thats if you raise...

To me, limping is a calamity; you absolutely can't allow the blinds to play free/cheap, your short stands no chance when its AKJ vs 88 vs 6789 vs hero's 66. Even with the button, thats a hopeless situation. Play flawless and maybe break-even, maybe. In all the big BIG pots, you'll have the 2nd best hands [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Then again, i admit, i've little experience in how pots play out with this line. Perhaps, if you become accustomed to it, you'd get to know pretty well when your small trips is good and 2pr is not, 44 alone is good, but 444 is not, that type to thing, and have big edge in the postdraw (especially if UTG it the tpye to limp 4 hearts and bet out). After all, they'd note you as a fish, it help image! I don't think its a very bad play Al, to limp these, but neutral might be the best case scenario, more likely i think fold best, and raising a more attractive option than folding.

It could all change if you knew very well what hands UTG will limp, and it also matters how likely the blinds are to come along for the ride.