View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Critique My Friend\'s Play Please - .50/1 flop broadway, turn royal

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Preflop is bad. If CO is super aggro, you don't want to open limp with a marginal hand 2 seats in front of him so that he can isolate you.

Flop is bad too, he'll go nuts with any piece of the board. Time to ram-n-jam.

Turn is horrible. How are you ever gonna win any money if you don't put in a raise. If villain has complete air and is semi-cognicent then he will give up on either the turn or the river. If he has a big hand, he'll go nuts. Start raising now. When you have the nuts on a board like this, where it's very likely that villain hit hard, then your only thought should be "Cap every street!".

As played, I guess river is fine. I don't think we have enough info to go for a b/3b so c/r for value (he'll probably fire one more with air, hoping you don't have a boat or a flush)

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, this is exactly what I told him. If he's gonna open QTs, he's gotta come with a raise.

If super aggro hit any real piece of that flop, he's going to be ramming and jamming right along with us. If he didn't and has a hand like a midpair or 87s or something like that, he's likely not going to pay us off on the turn unless he just happens to lose his mind. Thus, against a super aggro I think the play here is to hold down the bet/raise button.

Results in white:

<font color="white">In this case, the villain had AJ for the 2nd nut boat and as a super aggro this hand could have easily been capped on all streets, costing our Hero a significant amount of big bets.</font>