View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: (razz) Cash game quiz

My off the cuff opinions.

Hand 1:
If you think he's stealing, raise, otherwise fold.

Hand 2:
I think it's a mistake to bet 4th and 5th. You are only slightly ahead at best, and your opponent has position on you, for the whole hand unless you brick even worse. Folding 6th might actually be a mistake. He has a mandatory bet but a good chance of having paired.

Hand 3:
Calling 3rd is a mistake, I think. Your pot odds are appealing but you have to outdraw the whole world. When they all hit on 4th, calling again, well I don't know. I'd have to do some math to see how badly off you are. The worst part is that you can get raised behind. [Edit: if the hand went down the other way and you started with 3 good ones and bricked 4th, do you call 2nd to act? I don't think I would). You're getting 6:2 to call but it may end up being another 1 or 2 back to you in a second and you could be much worse off than a 6:1 dog.

Hand 4: I don't like to call 5th potentially drawing dead. If I already have a made 8 here I'll call for the times he's paired. But here, even if he's paired, you're a 2:1 dog. If he's not, you're a NINE to 1 dog even if he has something awful like 87 in the hole. On average I think you're a 5:1 dog here and you aren't getting that from the pot (you're only getting like 6.5:3 to call all the way down, or 5.5:2 to call see 7th)