View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: P-Stars NL .01/.02 - First deposit of $25 gone in 2 days... help?

[ QUOTE ]
Read the stickies in the micro stakes or fullring forums (depending where you play).

I would recommend starting with fullring. A simple tight game demolishes 0.1/0.2 NL at poker stars fullring. Make small bets with small hands and when you hit a monster just get it all in, shoving it all in at the river if necessary; don't worry you will get called a decent percentage of the time.

Unfortunately until NL25 it isn't very profitable, which is also where the players start to get good and you notice tonnes of regulars.

Just play tight poker. If you still lose you're either not playing tight enough, are too weak with your strong hands or too strong with your weak hands. Honestly that's all there is too it at that level.

Also remember bankroll management. Don't play at a level where you have less than 20 times the buyin - if you experience a downswing and you are not properly rolled then it could wipe out your earnings before you know it. However at NL2 and NL10 I wouldn't worry so much about that. $80 at Nl10 was enough for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto! (I was just feeling lazy to type all this)