View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: delaware electronic poker tables?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do they actually have any of that "firehouse poker" in Delaware? I know they used to have it in Maryland, but I think they stopped several years ago, not sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is all over the place. You can almost find a tournament every weekend in Delaware. Each "non-profit organization/charity" is allow to operate up to 4 tournaments a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live just inside the PA side of the PA/DE border. A country club just inside the DE state line used to run a great "charity" tournament once a month that would draw well over 100 players. First prize was usually over $5,000. The club took no money from the game, but did sell alcohol and food.

After a few months of running the game, the club got a letter from the Delaware Liquor Control Board threatening to take away the club's liquor license unless it stopped hosting the game. The club complied.

Even worse, the members used to run a monthly tournament in the mens' cardroom that was a $75 buyin and usually drew about 30-50 players. All of the buyin money was returned to the players. Total donkfest and very easy money. After receiving the LCB threat, the club even shut down these completely private events.

Shame on Delaware, especially if enforcement is selective to prop up organizations that the state likes, like firehalls.