View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Table Change allows ratholing?

First off, I admittedly did not search for a similar thread before posting this. I read this forum fairly regularly and did not see anything on some time on this. Guess I missed it.

Second, maybe the title of the thread was a little too strong. Instead of "ratholing", would it have made any difference in anyone's responses if I had said "pocketing profit"?

In the game that I was in where this occurred, it is my opinion (and it is just that, an opinion) that the player was not asking for a table change because he was in a bad game. In fact, he was in a very good game, getting called repeatedly with all of his big hands.

He also intended to play far more at the same limit, as I saw him in the room many hours later.

The only conclusion I could come to then was that the table change rule was used to "protect his profits" and allow him to start over. I guess I am having a hard time reconciling that this is good for the game even with the solid posts recommending that players be forced to buy up or down to match the buy-in for that limit.

Does it make any difference if there are multiple established games and he is not moving to a new table that was just started within the hour?