View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 360 Woes (help needed)

Ok, so appartently opening night crashed the sign up servers at microsoft, but I was able to migrate my old account over last night and play online. I forgot how fun it is, and how fun king of the hill is.

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'll put my question here instead of starting a new thread.

I am going to buy a 360 in the next few days. I'll probably go with the premium. What accessories are necessary? I know a wireless adapter and extra controller, but what else would you recommend?

Also, I want to try Halo, but have never played a FPS before (mainly sports and racing games). Will it be so hard that I won't enjoy it? When playing online, can you play with other noobs so I don't get killed within 5 seconds?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, why not get the elite? If you plan on downloading anything it makes sense for the hard drive alone. As for Halo, my suggestion would be to put in some practice time via Halo 1 & 2. I would play through 1's campaign, play through 2's campaign, then either play some online on 2, or just start 3's campaign and move on to online on 3. This is going to 'catch you up' the fastest IMO. Halo 1 & 2 are absolutely fantastic games, so IMO you've been missing out by not playing through them anyway.