View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Messing around in 1/2 - I think I only have one choice here.

I call all day and twice on Sunday. Its really simple, this board is so dry, he's bluffing a lot. The raise is big enough that he doesn't want action on such a dry board. The problem is, an 8 plays the same way, and thats exactly what a majority of idiot 1/2 players will be thinking.

He's peeling the flop with all kinds of random [censored], and once the turn comes, he'll be very tempted to bluff.

But by far the biggest mistake, that no one picked up, was I bet way way way too much on the turn. I want to be inducing bluffs here, usually I bet 28, then full pot a blank river. On this board, guys like this will peel way too often, and get tempted to bluff when they miss random [censored]. The next evolution from being a bet bot is to actually think about creating what seems to be opportunities for your opponents, when in actual fact, its a carefully laid out trap. I'm sure by slightly tweaking your lines vs shorties and dumb players, you could extract upwards of 2BB extra to your winrate.

Not only that, when you move up, you'll be a deadly poker playing weapon.

So, in conclusion, call here all day, but I should have bet less to make a call even easier and even more correct. +EV also includes possible scenarios that play out from little moves like betting $12 less.