View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 200nl: Some dumb small pot hands.

Hand #1: I think you should 1/2 pot it yourself because it sucks when you check and he insta-pots it. It also looks really lame if you check/call or check/check then lead river when you make trips/str8. If you make a non diamond 9 or 4 on river you could win a monster if he's slowpaying a set. But you won't win a monster pot by check/calling the turn.

If you're gonna play this way then not betting here may lead to you getting floated too often. If I was in position then I would check behind.

Hand #2: This is too foreign for me to comment. It looks like a tough spot which is why I don't do things like raise suited aces vs a limper in MP.

Hand #3: If you're gonna be betting this flop texture whenever you miss then you should be betting it when you have a small piece as you can still safely fold to check and raise. I would rather check behind with KQ/QJ here.

Hand #4. I would lead here with 2 opponents and only half pot it. They will fold nothing to 1/2 pot as well as a pot bet so you might as well save $$$ when called. If 3 opponents then I would check. Now if the flop was A66r and I had A8 then I would check/call flop as it looks really scary like I have a 6 so even if outkicked opponent will frequently check behind on turn.

It also keeps me from getting bluff raised off the flop as no one beleives anyone would bet a 6 here and they know even a weak ace will be put in a tough spot and will have to fold with 2 streets to play out of position. And of course no over cards can come and I induce bluffs. As played you should only 1/2 pot turn and the river check/call is standard as he is betting his busted flush draw. They always bet their busted flush draws.

And posts like these are definitely more important than the TPTK/set hands because we play more small pots than big pots.