View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

one thing to keep in mind is that being able or unable to "do business" alters the action of the game.
if you notice farha is by far the guy who gets all his money in the pot on early streets the most and this is largely due to the fact that he loves to run the board.

if you remember the hand he played vs greenstein (AA vs KK) it took him forever to get his chips in the middle cuz he knows barry wont run the board...vs anyone else his chips are in the middle instantly.

i play a ton of live poker and the recently commerce stopped allowing ppl to do any business whatsoever and it def does change the game.

not saying its a totally diff game or anything, just that when ppl know they can run the board multiple times it makes them much more willing to get their chips in the middle and also makes ppl play their draws much faster as they figure [censored] it i'll just shove with my 7high naked flush draw and run it twice.

one big reason i dont do business is that i dont want someone calling a huge bet all in with a flush draw when i'm bluffing with 5hi cuz they think they can run it twice.

another reason running it can be detrimental to the game for both the players and the viewers is that it oftens split the pot and prevents someone from losing a big pot and potentially steaming.

just imagine if helmuth loses that AT vs JJ hand for a huge pot, it would have been great TV, and great for the game to have him stuck.