View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't about Bonds. This is about defacing a piece of the history that some of us still hold sacred.

As for Ecko not being a prick because the people made the decision, a) The voters only know what a biased media has taught them b) Putting the asterisk on the ball doesn't do a lot of good for anyone, while it upsets people who hold the game the way I do and c) In the end, he's the one who decided to do this with the ball.

To those who are saying the hall should refuse it, collecting the memorabilia of the game is what the hall does. They have little choice in the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

except for the asterik marks the game you hold sacred

it says alot in its meaning

this is the era of style over substance
it's money pulling all
it's off the field stories getting more air time than analysis of the games themselves
it's image over everything
players have sold out to the highest bidder
teams have sold out to make revenue

The asterik perfectly marks the tradeoffs the game has made

it's beautiful on so many levels

it brings a tear to my eye

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like you're fighting fire with fire. I understand the premise of your views on modern baseball. But desecrating a piece of history, no matter how foul it appears, is not going to fix anything. Putting the asterisk on the ball embodies all the negative stuff you just wrote out IMO. The information for people is out there and they will make their own choices(choices based on what ESPN says LDO).