View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]

You, like many people, just missed the point.

I don't know why I have so much patience, but let's try again.

Let's say you are on the turn, have the nut flush draw, and your opponent moves all-in for his last $100. You are heads up and you have him covered. There was $100 in the pot before his play. You are sure he has you beat. Do you call?

Let's assume you half way know what you are doing, and decide to fold. This means that pot odds are worthless and any book that explains pot odds is a waste of time, because you can't call here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure I did not miss the point of the book, and I am not sure what your example has to do with my post or the book.

[ QUOTE ]

On a side note, I am surprised how many people are upset that the book covers the fundamentals. I am of the opinion that often a big difference between a good player and a great player is that the great player has a better understanding of fundamentals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not upset that the book covers the fundamentals, but was very disappointed that a book that received so much praise for being the greatest thing ever written about cash-game NL barely gets past the fundamentals, and is so heavily focused on loose live FR games.

With all the hype, and "Professional" in the title, I was expecting something more along the level of Stox's book.