View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Moving up in Micro limit

I play .25/.50 six max (stars) quite a lot. So I am going to mention a couple of adjustments I have made when I play at that level but first a heads up: I'm not an expert player. OK you are warned, now:

Take a look at your preflop raising standards, your hand selection by position, and the over all actions of the specific players at the table. You my find yourself raising, too often, in the wrong position, or with the wrong hands if the table is loose and aggressive preflop as so many of them are.My win rate is up at .25/.50 six max since I cut way back on trying to isolation raise.

Another thing I discovered in review and with the help of this forum was that I was, too often, staying in the hand through the turn and then folding the river. I have starting folding more hands on the flop, but seeing more showdowns with the hands I do play.

I don't think it matters too much whether you are playing .10/.20 or .25/.50 if the players are playing similarly and for the most part, they are. So let your bankroll and your comfort zone dictate the level you play.