View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: ESPN says Mets announcers are the best

[ QUOTE ]
Euro's bandbox riff is stupid. Every announce team across the country refers to CBP that way. They're not trying to rewrite comedy recordbooks; it's just an easy way to remind and/or inform people that some stats and analysis requires park context. Something like 20% of HRs at CBP would be flyouts at the average park (more like 35% at Shea). That is huge, and it would be irresponsible to NOT account for it in the commentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have a reference to cite for that statistic? or did you just pull it out of your Gary Cohen-loving, bandbox-hating ass?

my "riff" is not stupid. they are indeed trying to rewrite comedy record books or they wouldn't consistently make the same stupid jokes about it and all chuckle at it as if it's still funny. or if it ever were funny.

and sure, I'm sure some announce crews may mention that balls fly out of CBP better than at most yards, but it's just a passing comment. The SNY guys love to say it and think it's hilarious every time they get to work in a joke about it.

it's the same way that they take shots at the Phils bullpen. LOOK AT YOUR OWN [censored] BULLPEN, GARY COHEN. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR YOU LATELY?

so, in sum, no it would not be "irresponsible" NOT to account for that. like, saying Jose Reyes would have 30 HRs if he played in CBP is ridiculous. the guy has nowhere near the power of Jimmy Rollins, yet the Mets announcers try to paint that picture.

I'll conclude with [censored] Gary Cohen, because he sucks.

and to re-address your first statement, my riff was not stupid. nothing I say is stupid. in fact, YOU'RE stupid, you stupid idiotface.