Thread: I must learn...
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: I must learn...

I would fold hand 1 pre-flop, but if you insist on playing it, what is your plan? Is it a pure blind steal that you will abandon if unsuccessful? If not, what flops are you hoping to hit and play with? The odds of hitting a flush are 15:1 against, and your stack allows you to pick up only 7:1, so playing for a flush makes no sense. Presumably, then, hitting a pair was part of your plan. So having hit top pair, why on earth would you not raise the [censored] out of this flop? If you think you have the best hand now, take it down now, as further cards are a lot more likely to benefit villain than you; if you think you are beat, fold, as you are very unlikely to catch up. The flop call makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'll defer to Tomek on hand two, as he is pretty sensible. But honestly, I don't get your passive play here either--if you think your king is good, bet it and make villain pay to draw his flush. In fact, I'd try to take down the pot now, as there is a 50% chance that one of the flushes will hit, and you'll have no way to know if villain is bluffing or not when he hits.