View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Organizing a project to determine which sites are legit or rigged

[ QUOTE ]

Party's net profit last year was $128M as it says on their site. And last year Party was bigger than Pokerstars so Pokerstars would've made nowhere near $400M. Party is obviously going to be making a lot less this year without the US players, and I would imagine Pokerstars would too although I don't play there so I don't really know how much their traffic was affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at Party's 04 and 05 income statement you'll find it is much higher. It was 337M in 04 and 293M in 05. I use to play on Party in 04 and Stars is bigger now then Party was in 04.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. It is very very simple to test. It does not require anyone to share their hands. The whole process would take less then 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a simple test when you get everything together. It's getting all the data together and getting the long time respected posters to lend it credibility that is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. Someone can be a respected poster and no nothing about statistical analysis.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see anybody coming forward with the data to do the test. If you have the data, the program to test it would be fairly basic and could be quickly coded.

[/ QUOTE ]

What program to test it? I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no "Is this poker data fair?" software.

[ QUOTE ]
And of course you would need people to share and co-operate on this operation, otherwise it's all coming from one person and has zero credibility. It was hard enough to convince some people in the Absolute thread even with all the big pros agreeing with the evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who plays regularly has sufficient data to test. Instead of getting people to contribute data you'd be much better off getting a group of people to test their own data. That way there is no issue of sharing confidential information and you get confirmation for several sources.