View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Prop bet- Tuan Le vs. Antoine Walker, 1-on-1

I'm 6'4" and played high school ball and have about three years experience working with college teams and three years working for an NBA team. I'm almost certainly a far superior basketball player than Tuan. Antoine Walker would murder me. I'd put my odds of winning the proposed prop bet below 5%...maybe around 2-3%.

I once watched Troy Murphy hit 88/100 NBA 3-pointers during an offseason workout. He's a poor NBA 3-point shooter. I would have little to no impact on 'Toine's ability to get off a good shot. Tuan would have no ability - none - to even remotely concern 'Toine unless he punched him in the nuts every time he went up for a shot.

The only relevant bet to me would be the over/under on "number of shots it will take Walker to beat Tuan". Certainly under 20.

The fact that there's no way Tuan ever gets off anything resembling a conventional shot is also a bit of a problem. 'Toine could play well off him and still block his shot while denying any sort of dribble penetration. Layups would be completely out of the question. I'm quite certain that 'Toine is much quicker than Tuan.