View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6max. QQ totaly butchered on all streets

The problem is that - in general - if a villain calls your PF reraise, and checks the flop to you, you bet with a wide range. If he calls that and then checks the turn, you still might bet, because the villain has shown nothing but weakness.

This is exactly the situation your opponent is seeing. Since you never put him to a real decision, you can't learn anything about his hand. He could have AT and be betting, he could have 99 but figure that you likely missed the ten with your overs. He could have a lower two pair than you, hell he could have anything.

Since the size of bets goes up and up as you progress through a hand, it is profitable to bet early in a way that helps you play the later streets closer to perfectly. What I'd like to see is either a check-raise if you check the flop, or at least lead out on the turn. If he calls your check-raise, be weary. If you instead c/c the flop, and he calls your bet on the turn, perhaps put up a blocking bet on the river and try to get to showdown cheaply. If at any point during any of those lines he raises you, I think you can correctly throw your Queens away.

btw, I feel he bet's and calls a flop check-raise with any overpair to the board or any Ten. If you make this play, and assign him to the above range, after the turn your hand gets a lot easier - Instafold. It'd cost you maybe $15 extra (above the $7 that you called as played) on the flop to make the check-raise, but you could have saved what you called down on later streets anyway, which was more than another $15.