View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Trash hands turning into good draws

This basic situation happens to me a lot:

I'm in the small or big blind with a marginal holding. Nobody raised and I either complete or check. I then proceed to flop a "can't win unless you hit" draw against 4+ opponents in a smallish pot and am first or second to act. How do I proceed, and what should I be thinking about?

Specific hands:

Hand 1: Hero has 68o in the BB and gets a free look at a flop of 79Ar. There are 6 players total in the pot, including the small blind, who checks. The players are fairly standard 6/12ers. Few flops have been checking through, so it's likely someone will bet, but I have no idea who.

Hand 2: Hero is in the small blind with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and completes, only to see the flop bring A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The flop was seen 7 handed, and again the players are a standard mix for a 6/12 table.

What would you do in these two situations? What do you do in general in situations like this?