View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: NL25 -- draws owned me

Um, pf and especially flop look pretty bad to me. You seem to have a thing (see cbet defense thread) for cold-calling strong-seeming raises from the blinds. This will continue to put you in awkward places. Basic (micro-NL) blind theory: re-raise in the right spots against the right opponents, else fold most of the time, unless set-mining / up against a super ATM.

Your flop play is perplexing. The button nearly pots it into 4 people, investing 1/3 of his stack, and you decide to call with a naked (non-nut) flush draw? I really don't think you have anywhere near the implied odds to see a turn in this situation, let alone direct odds. I doubt you'll often convince the button to stack off when the turn brings a heart, and he's very likely to make another large bet when it doesn't, which leaves you nowhere.

As played, the turn is too good for you to fold (having invested so much) and pushing is better than calling his push (bit of FE, blah blah.) But how you ended up there is a losing proposition.