View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Most over-rated poker book of all time?

[ QUOTE ]
god,im so mad when i hear this:

i often red here, winning low limit hold'em by lee jones..,
is agreat book or it should be the first to read for limit poker....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz how in the hell players recommended this book over intenet texas hold'em(ITH) by hilger or SSHE???

i mean comon...WLLH by lee jones makes u break even at most.....when ITH is very easy to read,tons of good info,and makes u easilly a winner,maybe not a big winner,but at least a winner for sure compared to WLLH...
not even talking about SSHE,wich even if its a bit outdated(in the sense at low limit,the players got signifinctly stronger compared from couple years ago)is still applicable in many games and teaches u how to play a lot better then WLLH.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps because it was out before ITH and SSH!!!

Secondly because WLLH is aimed at a (near) beginner audience while ITH and SSHE are aimed for a more advanced audience.

The books pretty much admit that themselves (WLLH advises people to read SSHE after reading WLLH, SSHE mentions its an advanced book and recommends you read other books first, in ITH, Hilger recommends people read something like WLLH first.)

But then having read those books you probably already know that!!

Also, on this forum more people probably recommend Millers beginner's book than they do WLLH (personally i like both, and think WLLH is fine for starting out but would recommend moving onto ITH as quickly as possible and then SSHE.

DB