View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Organizing a project to determine which sites are legit or rigged

I think the first thing you would have to do is ensure the integrity of the data. Since you won't get co-operation of the sites for auditing purposes, the data sources should be limited to a perhaps a few long-time trusted members of 2+2, either from their own hands or their mining. They should be assured that no-one would see the raw data except the project manager and trusted statisticians.

Once that is agreed to, then you need one or more competent statisticians to analyze the data. You might find those in the probability forum. I think you need someone like that to determine whether sample sizes are large enough for whatever analyses you are doing and also to do the analyses correctly. Some of us (like me) can make mistakes in our analyses or interpretation of data because we don't really know enough about statistical methods.

Then you need to prepare and report the ongoing analysis in a coherent and meaningful way.

All in all, it would require a great deal of commitment to organize and manage such a project.