View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 30 and living at home

[ QUOTE ]
I lived at home until I was 28 and moved out to be with the woman that would become my wife. I never had any issues with girls. Either they came over or I stayed at their place. They all lol'ed me but still slept with me, so who cares? It also allowed me to live a baller lifestyle on a not so balla salary.

BTW, my primary reason for sticking around was my mother was very sick and it was easier to take care of her at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I (and 3-year old son) live with her parents (actually, her parents live with us, but so what). The father is ill and we take care of the parents financially. It has been this way for 8 years. My wife's family are Slovenian and this arrangement has never been considered (by them) to be unusual.

Actually, I think it is great. The same people who ask me how I could possibly deal with the parents, etc., are the same ones who ask me how I am always available to golf, play poker or watch football (among other things). Well, with the whole family at home, I don't have to worry about what the rest of the crew is doing and I know someone will always be able to take care of my son. My wife also like the fact she (and we) can leave our son with his grandparents and get out of the house when necessary.

Of course, this builds into a larger philosophy that I believe in (that a child should be raised by a family and not just mom and dad) and one that I have seen in practice many times in Europe.

As for living with your family whether young, old, single, married, there are pros and cons to everything. If everyone there is comfortable with the arrangement, its all good.