View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Why I couldn’t accept ACism

[ QUOTE ]
7. About quality of life: Maybe its true that the quality of life can’t be measured by number, but I’m quite convinced that ACism would increase social inequality.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This statement is internally inconsistent. If quality can't be objectively measured, relative quality can't be objectively measured either. Sure, you may see an increase in "inequality" based on your personal subjective evaluation of "quality" but the whole point is that your personal subjective measure is not sufficient to force others to act differently.

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of poorer and a few wealthier globally. Am i wrong here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody knows. Even the people that tell you that we MUST have a state to redistribute wealth don't know. Furthermore they are quite possibly WRONG because a lot long-term increases in the the quality of life for people (even by the quality of life standards subjectively set by the statists) are due to competition and free enterprise, not welfare.

[ QUOTE ]
I’d easily imagine private forces cruising around/protecting neighbourhoods, army personnel in shops/companies/everywhere. Would I feel safer? Nope. Would I feel any freedom in that? Nope. Wouldn’t certain human rights just evaporate? Would I like that? Nope. All the time I should be thinking about my protection and huge money should be invested in that? I’d say anarchy would have big implications on the quality of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not mean that you should support a system that uses violence to deliver the quality of life you want. The point is not that freedom would benefit every single individual according to their personal preferences, the point is that the people who are getting an improved personal quality of life by forcibly taking resources from others are not justified in doing so.