View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Why I couldn’t accept ACism

[ QUOTE ]
At first i agree with minimum state involvement in my body, life and property, i support minimum taxation and idea of minimizing state, but definitely not to the degree that ACism support.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should think about why you support those things. Is it just some whimsical idea that those are the things you support? Or is there some underlying logical justification. It sounds like you subconsciously conclude the same thing that ACers conclude (that private property owners will always act more efficiently). If not, why do you believe things like less tax is good? Is it just greed, or is there some very real reason? But it seems like you haven't yet taken it to the conscious level of reasoning out specifically why you support the things you claim to support.

I used to consider myself a minarchist. But the thing about minarchy is that the whole logic behind the ideal of a hands off government is that people can't outplay any market. So, we can't outplay any market. So it's really just contradictory to what you think you're supporting to think that you can find certain instances where the belief just flies out the window. Minarchy ultimately becomes nothing more than a preference, which if you choose to hold it, fine. But if you're looking to logically examine why minarchy will be more efficient, you'll be fighting a losing battle. Centralization is inefficient because it's inefficient; not because it's negotiable and just happens to be bad for some intangible reason sometimes.