View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: NL 1/2 - Turned Nutz - trap or push?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you need to bet this flop 100% [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I am mixing this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's favorable for our range, and we aren't likely to get bluff raised here, or called by much less than a Q. We can also probably take a free card if called and we miss the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, i feel checking that flop, is more a sign of strenth, than weakness. Checking after an OOP preflop reraise, is more often a flopped top set, even when checking in position.

His turn bet is an easy raise, it seems to me he hit hard, and could easily have been planning for a checkraise on flop. I raise him to 95, comitting him to the pot. If he's bluffing, he is probably shutting down after just one call, so raise is by far the better solution.

Also, regarding a flop c-bet, i would do this all day long, as the flop doesn't hit you that hard and with your reraise, having taken over initiative in the hand, you usualy fold out small pairs and many other hands that actually beat AK. Had you been deep, i could make a case for checking the flop, but as said before, it narrows your range and makes hero calls easier (nuts or air). The idea of checking, is ofcourse to let him hit his 2nd pair/set vs your nuts and hope he cannot let the hand down, as most players would c-bet that flop w AK.