View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Sitting out morons

The part about them potentially sitting back in just when they have a big hand is something I thought was kind of obvious and people already understood.
The part about it being a strategy though is incorrect.

Sometimes I'm just getting back to my computer from the bathroom or getting some coffee or something. If I see 83o then I just let it auto-fold me while I continue to get settled, open other tables or 2+2 or whatever. I might let it do this for me for 2 or 3 more hands if there's nothing worthwhile.
Obviously if I'm half-way in the door and I see AA then I'm going to be diving for my mouse to click 'sit in' before it auto-folds me. Sometimes I'm not quite fast enough to catch it though. Oh well.

Maybe other people use it as a strategy somehow in that they are trying to induce bets from the players before them and make them think they are away and are 'dead' money. That's pretty risky imo. Because sometimes a round of auto-folding right after someone enters the pot can come around and bite you pretty fast.

So I really doubt it's as much of a strategy and is more likely to be someone getting settled in after a coffee refill.