View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Micro / Medium Stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stop playing AT and PPs lower than 88 from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with that, raise every PP from any position. Hitting sets will make up a huge potion of your winnings, and why would you be raising 88 in early pos if not for set value? What's the difference between 88 and a lower pp? Are you seriously planning on playing 88 as an overpair? That would be pretty crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not certain I agree with this at the 2nl and 5nl levels and such. I mean, you will create volatile situations for yourself raising with hands like 66 at a 5nl table with an average viewflop of 60% and a avg potsize of $3. You will get reraised often enough, and with enough force, that you will not much like calling, because that guy to your left is definitely willing to put K9s all-in preflop.

Since they don't know what you are doing at all they are all pretty uniformly bad, being a bit weak-tight is probably a better line, because like has been said before here, even middle pair gets overvalued, much more so TPTK or even TP craptastic kicker. If you flop a set on a flop with an Ace or a King on it, you will double pretty fraggin' often no matter what your line was preflop. Basically I am saying don't price yourself out and let them do the raising for you and then punish them for it on later streets. It will keep your variance low and probably still enable a very solid win-rate at this level.

Weak-tightish = bad at 100nl
Weak-tightish = just about right at 2nl