View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: FossilMan requests your feedback

[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple of question from your early hands though, feel free to explain your play.
Hand 8: Limp/calling 6BB in MP with AhJh8h4s
Hand 11: Limp/raising/folding KsKhTh2s UTG
Hand 36: Please explain your play on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

#8 - I have a weak hand, but the draws are to the nuts, and even after the raise it is only costing me 2% of my stack to see the flop. Simply put, at this early stage of a relatively cheap buyin PLO event, there are likely several players at my table who will pay off the nut flush, and even in a big way. The fact that we're still in the rebuy period doesn't hurt, either.

#11 - I thought it was quite possible that he didn't have the aces, and if not, I wanted to get it heads-up with him and me in position. Once he reraised, it was clear he did have them, and I was not getting the right price to call and try to outflop him. In hindsight it was clearly better to just call. I'm still not sure if it was a bad decision at the time or not to limp-reraise. Probably was, and if we hear from enough other PLO players who say it was wrong, I'm not going to put up a fight to the contrary.

#36 - I limped in because I had raggedy aces, and was out of position. In this spot, especially where the blinds are still small, I'd rather limp in with bad aces and try to flop top set and get paid off by the lower set or two pair who is certain I can't have aces because I didn't raise. I called on the flop because I had the nut straight draw, and the aces (which might be in the lead, though not likely), giving me 10 outs to the nuts on the turn. The turn card was obviously a bad one, but what you can't see in the HH is the timing tell he gave off that indicated indecision in his turn bet. I know timing tells are very unreliable, but it was there, and colored my decision. On the river, it seemed likely he had nothing or had me tied with the second nuts, and very unlikely he had the nuts. I thought he might also be silly enough to call my raise if he had flopped a set and didn't believe me, so I made a thin value raise.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)