Thread: My Generation
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: My Generation

What I don't like: Myspace crap and emo guys. This whole "hot or not" internet thing. Jesus. I love your generation but why on god's earth do you guys need to hear how hot you all look? If that doesn't make you look super shallow I don't know what does! ("hey, here's my picture. Do you think I'm hot? How about if I wear my hair all gelled and standing vertical? How about if I do this with my arms and shoulders? Am I hot now?" Gawd. )

Pics [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

No, seriously [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, why were you floored a 23 year old would know Frasier!?!?

Im 23 with a 16 year old brother.

I guess the best way i can contribute to this thread is with a quote:

"The more things change, the more they stay the same".

My brother's generation has rap, my generation had dance music (obv we have overlap being the same generation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), my parents had prog rock.

The one thing they all have in common is all of this music was hated by someone older to one degree or another.

People used to bemone their kids using the landline phone all the time, now the kids use their mobiles all the time.

Nothing truly changes at the heart of the matter.

-----

Fwiw, im pretty disconnected from my generation - i didnt have MTV growing up, i dont constantly use my phone (but it is a lifeline in many ways i guess) and i cant stand all the text language stuff - and hate getting texts from my mum cos she uses it. I once got a text from a lass i met at uni that i had to get translated, no joke, straight up needed a translator.