View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: ftp 25k ITM, 66 gets flatted by bb

I think a big problem here are the stack-sizes with antes that huge.
While you have 19BB your M=7,5
With your preflop raise BB gets pot odds of 1:3! - so he can really call with ATC here, still getting the right odds.
The problem is if you raise more preflop you are committed.

So which betsize is best preflop?
I think 2,5BB is fine if you play a hand that has some potential to improve, like an Ax (x>9) or SC.
I don't think that your preflop betsize with a medium PP is well chosen, cause you will get a call from either or both of the blinds and have nearly no chance to improve - for setmining the stacks are too low.

So if you play this hand, and I think you should play it I would make it more preflop.
1.) you get FE, and you are glad if you can win this hand without seeing a flop.
2.) if you still get called, you know much better where you stand - now you simply have no idea - BB can play 72o and you would be behind
3.) if you bet more preflop, you cross the commitment threshold and can play it much easier postflop, cause decisions get more easier.

As played here I wouldn't call the turn bet, cause this commits you anyway - either shove it or fold and I would fold it, cause you lack FE to make it +EV.