View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: FossilMan requests your feedback

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more interesting (a rather mild word for how I was feeling) points in the tournament happened starting with hand #593. We were down to the final 12 players, and I had been stealing almost at will, having a substantial chip lead at my table, holding over 1.6M chips with nobody else over 1M. Then, I lost my internet connection. Nothing wrong on my part, and nothing I could do. I’m pretty sure it was a problem caused by Time Warner Cable, my local cable provider. It was almost 3:30 in the morning at this time, and I knew that PokerStars rules allowed you to get somebody else to log in and play for you in cases such as this. So, I was trying to figure out who I could call at this time of day, without waking them up, who could competently play my chips for me. It was too early in the morning to call anybody in Europe, and too late at night to call anybody in the U.S. I then realized that it must be about late afternoon in Australia, so I called Joe Hachem. As it would happen, Joe did answer his phone, but he wasn’t at home in Melbourne, but in Hong Kong on business, and not able to get to a computer or have the time to play for me. I asked him if he had any friends in that part of the world who might be able to play for me, such as his brother Tony, and he said he would make some phone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

classic....