View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Re: What should an NL HU book contain?

[ QUOTE ]
What a tragedy it would be if this book was made and concentrated on beginners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely agree. There would need to be enough to make it accessible to beginners, because there are a lot of people out there who don't even know the basics, but it would be a real loss if it stopped there.

[ QUOTE ]
I think ther should be separate chapters for villain types, since there is so much to discuss and those adjustments are really the heart of HU cash play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And HU tournament play! It's just that the adjustments would be really, really different between the two formats.

[ QUOTE ]
In my case I am very good against every type of player except LAGs, whether they be good or bad LAGs, and so a chapter dealing with those adjustments would be amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon everyone has a type of player they HATE playing against, and would love to know what sort of adjustments to make.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe also a chapter on tilt, since it is such a big part of HU play, both in managing your own tilt and in detecting and taking advantage of it in your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly true that HU has a much more substantial mental element than any other game, and that would need to be covered.