View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: I learned this from bakes

[ QUOTE ]
yeti theorem, gg

[/ QUOTE ]

well, yeah, but he's still folding air like every time.

Alternative line is to flat it and shove over the turn bet/ bet turn if he checks. It gets extra from air and is more believable as a big pair/might get something like 66 to fold.

The danger is that he probably has six outs if he has air.

This got me in trouble in the 530 wcoop when I flatted a min checkraise w/ 87 on a 999 board. I though it would be easier to get 66-88 to fold with that line. Ace on the turn [censored] everything up because I lost all credibility for having the hands I was planning to represent (although this probably wouldn't have mattered if he didn't have an ace, unless he was better than I though he was), but I still bet after he checked and lost more to AT.

The threebet would have won the pot, and a couple people I talked to about it thought it was the better line, but I still think flatting is a viable alternative.

the interesting thing about AK is in a sense, you're calling/raising for value (but not really, since you're rarely seeing a showdown), since most of the hands you are getting to fold are behind. It's more about taking the bluff opportunity away from worse hands than getting better hands to fold.