View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Week 5 NCAAF Early Lines Thread

nate - i was on ASU for the game that got ppd as well.

The latest results definitely warranted a line-change. But this current line implies that Ark St would be just a 1 point fave over MEM on a neutral-field and I strongly disagree with that and think it's partly due to the size and reputations of the 2 programs and conferences somewhat.

Ark St's performances vs. TEN and TEX caught my attention.
The fact that they have already proven they can beat a CUSA team in SMU pushes me well past the edge.
And then MEM's dismal game against UCF...and before that they actually struggled somewhat against freaking Jax St. Wow.

Ark St is probably 4 pts better than MEM at least...so at home I would rate them as 7 pt faves.

If Ark St got beat up badly against TEN then perhaps that changes things somewhat.
Also, as I believe we discussed before, this is something of a revenge game for MEM since they were embarassed at home by these guys last yr so they'll have some extra motivation.
Whether morale tanks after their loss last week or they use it to inspire them to work harder in practice this week and perhaps get their act together remains to be seen.

But overall I think Ark St has shown that they are way more than just 1 pt better than MEM if playing on a neutral-field but nobody really knows who they are or has paid any attention to them. Even their solid performance against TEX was simply written off to TEX not performing well. Ark St wasn't given any credit for that game by most people nor the TEN game.