View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Credibility of Rake back calculators

i created the first rb calc, people are selling them? i never saw a dime from them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i was under the impression people were just reengineering(hows that buzz word!) my calc....

and PA is right, the original calibration was from party and its skins back in the day. we updated the numbers during the first half of 06, but the reason the numbers are so off is because there are so many different networks and types of rake calculations on each network. the difference in results also goes to show how the poker sites are readjusting their allocation of the rake taken in to lower their payouts to affiliates.

there is a need to create a calc that takes into account the different networks and all the different tables, limit structures, games and the resulting rake from it. there are tons of variables and a substantial sample set of hands is needed to get an accurate picture of how much rake is generated per hand per player. it is quite a project. it was easy back in the day when the majority of players were just on party/skins and most sites used the dealt method.

ive seen this type of post several times over the life of this forum, and the tone seems to be that us RB affils are stacking the numbers to dupe players into thinking they will receive more back than they really will. that is not the case for my site, we dont have the time or resources to do that project and then have it ripped off by every other site out there........after this long winded post we will do a recalibration of some sort to bring numbers to a more agreeable +- 15% margin of error.

morg.