View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: 50NL : QQ oop v donk

[ QUOTE ]
I like pf and flop.

We have $30 left on the turn and IMO we're not committed to the rest of that going in, so that is no reason to shove. I also think this is a classic FToP spot. We also have to say villain's flop call is pretty damned strong, even for a station.

If we consider villain's flop calling range, it includes a fair few pp's, sets, lots of Jx, odd 7x hands (K7s?), maybe a sc even, as well as quite a few Ax's. As there are not 2 streets of value there if we are ahead, and as we almost certainly fold the hands we beat in that range with a bet, I check.

> If villain bets pot behind (shoves basically), I'm probably out on the basis that this donk-station has an A/set much more often than he's bluffing. With history, that might change - I'll often look-up an insta-push from an aggromonkey.

> If villain checks behind, I vb river $16, fold to a push, saving ~35% of my stack.

> If villain flat calls behind our river vb, it's with KJ/QJ/JT/whatever, and we know he would have folded to a turn bet anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. Shoving the turn is terrible, you're folding most hands you beat and turning your own hand into a bluff.