View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Stars 1k spot, board goes to hell

It seems to me that just about every assumption you have regarding this hand is utterly wrong.

This isn't about levels, we aren't playing ourselves HU, we are playing someone who has tendencies, like everyone does. We know what they are. Choosing to ignore them because of a fear of being "outleveled" is just ridiculous and total fish thinking.

All your arguments for calling are just meaningless statements w/ no real relevance to our situation.

"Moreover, there are many players who will bet when double checked to unless they have a good reason not to bet."

What does this even mean??? You think he is closing his eyes and betting because we checked twice? Honestly, if I were watching someone play, saw them click call, and were good, unless they had a very, VERY good specific read or timing tell, I'd slap them in the head and say don't be results oriented that was a dreadful call.

"While I agree that Villain shouldn't fold a FD on the flop, there are a substantial # of players who will say I'm not drawing to the nut flush, plus the board is paired so I'm not necessarily drawing to the winning hand, plus I'm probably only getting to see 1 more card from this EP raiser, so I fold. "

PPL who do this will so rarely be the same type who are villains stats, and who decided to call a pfr w/ suited connector or something. Maybe if he limped in and it was multi way or something, but if it's the way this pot played out, no one ever folds hearts on the flop here like ever.