View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: i\'ll tell ya what i would do / a newly emerging rule

I agree that with this rule the nits will likely ask the maximum possible number of times every time. However, it would still reduce the overall number of times the rule is used, because at the moment the jerks ask MORE than once per down. Many of them ask on virtually EVERY hand, and the dealer has to comply because "it's in the rules."

Like I said, it's not a perfect solution, but it's a start. The only real solution is to get rid of the rule completely because it sucks.

The new rule should be that no one can ask to see diddly EVER. If collusion is suspected then the floor has the right to see any hand at any time (when I'm in charge this part is ALWAYS the rule).

The REAL problem here is that the people who write rulebooks are usually old timers who are completely out of touch with life in the modern world of poker (or else they are a harrahs special, they are completely clueless and have absolutely zero knowledge or experience with poker, so harrahs gives them the highest possible positions).

Al